Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
I updated my 7 to iOS 14 (i know guys, IS BETA,calm down) in the hope that the bugs I had with iOS 13 have been fixed, but alas, they are not. I am talking specifically about three of them
1. Blurred photos in Photos - I have to zoom in slightly to clear them and see their full quality, unfortunately this bug is still there
2. Changing the wallpaper - when you change your wallpaper with another, the color of the wallpaper becomes paler and colorless, when you restart the phone the wallpaper returns to its normal color. And this is not fixed in iOS 14.
3. Location Services - when I try to scroll to stop the location of an application or the menu completely freezes. But it freezes so much that it stays that way until you close Settings, and sometimes my whole phone freezes. I realized that if I scroll very slowly there is no problem. And this problem remains a problem in iOS 14.
I have written many times to Apple about these bugs and as I see it there is no change. I hope in the next betas these things will be fixed because it is unpleasant. I know my iPhone is an old model, I know most of you will say get a new one, but I don't think I need to replace something that works every year. If no one else has the same bugs I would be happy to share about them. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marlon DLTH :)

nick_iphone7

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 4, 2019
Have you experienced these issues on multiple devices?

I have multiple devices running 13 and 14 and i haven't experienced any of these issues on any device. I'm wondering if the issue is with your phone and not ios?
people with an iPhone 7 had written that they had the same problems

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Ok. I have a 7 and haven't had this issue. Not to say yours doesn't, but i can't replicate it. I hope someone here can help you better than i can.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I updated my 7 to iOS 14 (i know guys, IS BETA,calm down) in the hope that the bugs I had with iOS 13 have been fixed, but alas, they are not. I am talking specifically about three of them
1. Blurred photos in Photos - I have to zoom in slightly to clear them and see their full quality, unfortunately this bug is still there
2. Changing the wallpaper - when you change your wallpaper with another, the color of the wallpaper becomes paler and colorless, when you restart the phone the wallpaper returns to its normal color. And this is not fixed in iOS 14.
3. Location Services - when I try to scroll to stop the location of an application or the menu completely freezes. But it freezes so much that it stays that way until you close Settings, and sometimes my whole phone freezes. I realized that if I scroll very slowly there is no problem. And this problem remains a problem in iOS 14.
I have written many times to Apple about these bugs and as I see it there is no change. I hope in the next betas these things will be fixed because it is unpleasant. I know my iPhone is an old model, I know most of you will say get a new one, but I don't think I need to replace something that works every year. If no one else has the same bugs I would be happy to share about them. Thanks

Apple quite probably have thousands of thousands of bug reports on their system. If they're like anyone else then they'll prioritize them on a large number of qualifiers, not least if it's replicatable, the severity, the number of reports on the same issue, the estimated complexity of both triage and potential fix, and the value.

In this case it sounds like it's hard to replicate, is for an older device and isn't a major showstopper.

As such, unless it's part of an overriding bigger issue, I'd not hold my breath that it'll ever get addressed.

I worked on an open source project once and the bug tracker had items that went back years, and some issues sounded really nasty. Pretty sure they were never addressed and instead were probably left until a new module replaced the broken one.

Reactions: secretk

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
people with an iPhone 7 had written that they had the same problems
I never had any of these problems on my 7 on iOS 13.
Since upgrading to 14, I haven't tried doing any of the things you have described. But so far the phone has worked fine.
Update- I install iOS 14 beta 2 and they have finally removed these bugs?✌?
Is this your main device? I installed 14 on my 7, which is no longer in use. I just wanted to play around with iOS 14.
It is possible that in later betas that similar bugs, or new ones will appear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.