Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crysisinfinite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2013
Here are a few bugs in ios 7 beta which is still not fixed:
  1. Buttons in assistive touch are not properly positioned.
  2. All Animations(especially screen rotation animation) lags like **** when having assistive touch turned on.
  3. Contacts app crashes sometimes when editing a contact/adding a new number to existing contacts.
  4. The iPhone takes forever to boot when you don't have any passcode lock. (bootup time is about 30 seconds when passcode lock turned on and 3 mins when it is turned off)
  5. The am/pm indicators in status bar are in small letters instead of being in Capital. This is not a bug but will look much nicer if it is in caps.
  6. The pull up/down tabs in lockscreen and in notification banners should be removed as it looks inconsistance.
  7. It looks inconsistant scrolling through songs in the music app if a song does not have an album art. There should be atleast a grey music icon for the songs without album art.
The second bug is the most annoying to me since i use assistive touch as my lock button does not work properly.

It would be nice if someone having a dev account could forward this message to apple bug reporter....
sorry for my bad english.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
the music error kind of happens to me. if i go to airplay a playlist from my itunes, it will cycle through every song in a split second without playing music. i need to force close the app, then go back into it for music to play right. then it works with no issue.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
iTune app keeps crashing and closing each time I try to open it (after beta 6). But I think it's only mee since I have not seen anyone else commenting about it.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Safari can crash up to 5 times in a row, when I try to use private mode and load a page. Control Center is not that sensitive it can take more than one swipe up to open it.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
There are quite a few, but the one I'm most surprised about is Safari given the importance of the application.

In addition to crashing (a lot for this late stage of a Beta programme) there are a couple of other issues I've experienced.

Sometimes a random grey vertical bar will appear on the left hand side of a webpage which disappears as soon as you scroll the page.

Also I've noticed a problem with the large bookmark icons in that my link for Google seems to take random icons depending upon what I search for. As an example, whereas it was the Google icon it's now changed twice, the latest to a boxing website called boxrec.

I've performed many more than two searches, so it seems a bit random.

The thing is, as I understand it, select Apple internal employees are actually running on a build which is much later than that released in the Beta programme. This would make sense as, I would imagine, the first phones have already rolled off the production line with their software installed.

Hopefully they will have addressed the majority of the remaining bugs, as well as adding a few extra features.

:)

Last edited:

lazybump91

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
  2. All Animations(especially screen rotation animation) lags like **** when having assistive touch turned on.
  3. Contacts app crashes sometimes when editing a contact/adding a new number to existing contacts.
  4. The iPhone takes forever to boot when you don't have any passcode lock. (bootup time is about 30 seconds when passcode lock turned on and 3 mins when it is turned off)
  5. The am/pm indicators in status bar are in small letters instead of being in Capital. This is not a bug but will look much nicer if it is in caps.
  6. The pull up/down tabs in lockscreen and in notification banners should be removed as it looks inconsistance.
  7. It looks inconsistant scrolling through songs in the music app if a song does not have an album art. There should be atleast a grey music icon for the songs without album art.
The second bug is the most annoying to me since i use assistive touch as my lock button does not work properly.

It would be nice if someone having a dev account could forward this message to apple bug reporter....

yes, when you're scrolling with whole page of detail, you can notice the graphic is not smooth :( and sometime the location service wouldn't turn off after you done using it such as location service of SIRI

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

AM/PM in the status bar is capital..

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Another: after leaving multitasking view or opening control centre there is a 1 second delay in which buttons can't be pressed.

Appledict

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
All Animations(especially screen rotation animation) lags like **** when having assistive touch turned on.

I thought I'm the only one.:)

Last edited:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
OP: Very few of those are bugs and it's still in a developer beta. I honestly say it would be interesting to come back to this thread after iOS 7 goes GM and see how many still apply.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
Highlighting on any word and clicking on "Define" wouldn't bring me to the meaning of the word. Worked before beta 6 on both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
OP: Very few of those are bugs and it's still in a developer beta. I honestly say it would be interesting to come back to this thread after iOS 7 goes GM and see how many still apply.

...you do realize we are 2 weeks away from the GM, right? iOS 7 is a complete mess right now and it is inevitable that some (most?) bugs will not be fixed in time for 7.0 release.

I'm honestly expecting a huge stink among casual iOS users/the media when iOS 7 is released and people get auto-updated to it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
...you do realize we are 2 weeks away from the GM, right? iOS 7 is a complete mess right now and it is inevitable that some (most?) bugs will not be fixed in time for 7.0 release.

I'm honestly expecting a huge stink among casual iOS users/the media when iOS 7 is released and people get auto-updated to it.
At least as far as iPhones are concerned, iOS 7 is far from a complete mess.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

Keep in mind the last big beta release was Aug 7. The GM is likely to be a much greater build number than what we have now.

It's only a complete mess on the iPad, and there's good reason to believe the iPad version won't come till October.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
iTunes store keeps crashing for me.

Certain searches have toggled the crash in my experience. I've discovered if you search safari for something in the iTunes store and click the direct link it actually lets you in the application without crashing. You can click and navigate but if you tap the search button you're back in the crash loop.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
iTunes store keeps crashing for me.

Happens to me sometimes. Quite annoying.

----------

Safari can crash up to 5 times in a row, when I try to use private mode and load a page. Control Center is not that sensitive it can take more than one swipe up to open it.

Control Center always works for me when I scroll from OFF the screen.

Safari has also never crashed on my 4S.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Safari has also never crashed on my 4S.

That's weird. I am also getting a lot of crashes in Safari on my 5, only in private mode though. Regular mode is fine. Dolphin browser also crashes a lot. Other third-party apps are more or less stable except Dolphin. But that's excusable since it's not designed for iOS 7.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

You obviously don't realise that the betas devs get are many builds behind the ones they use internally, what devs have could be a build up to 4 weeks old, depending. That's why there's such a gap in improvement between final beta and GM. Devs are mostly only getting the beta to test their own apps, any bugs they report are an added bonus, but may already have been fixed.

Also, as others have said, it's rumoured the iPad will have to wait for iOS 7, and that has happened before.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

Your response doesn't have anything to do with my comment. Perhaps you were responding to someone else?

Be prepared for disappointment because iOS 7 doesn't auto-update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Battery consuming on battery iOS 7 b6, 5% drained within 30 minutes of usage :(
nothing all that unusual there and could really apply to any iOS version dependingn on usage, location, time, etc.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I found another bug today. I kept getting banner messages from the BBC news app and Plants VS Zombies 2 on my lock screen despite all lock screen and notification options for those apps being totally turned off. I ended up deleting the news app as I thought it was that until PvZ2 started to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.