Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mevikram1389

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2014
After updaing ios 9.2 on my iphone 6, keyboard does not response while typing the letters y,g,v,6 along with the symbol @. I can’t even sign in to other email address in my mailbox because “@” cannot be typed. Anyone has a solution for this problem??? these letters cannot be typed using any method. I have tried the reset phone method. Also, tried the restore phone from iTunes. but, the keyboard does not work for typing the mentioned letters and symbol.
please help me ASAP…

Reactions: Ahmee

mevikram1389

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2014
Someone told me to do these steps. Is it ok?

"Then wait for the beta version of the next update

Check Apple website regularly

Before the public and officiAl release of any new iOS version

They give access to install the beta version of the update for the developers

You just need to install the beta version of the unofficial version

After the installation

An app named "feedback" will automatically be installed on ur phone

Using the app you have to inform the Apple authority explaining all the problems u r currently facing

Then

Unsinstall that"

mevikram1389

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2014
Also there is some kind of parallel line appearing top to bottom & touch between this not working & letters y,g,v,6 , @ comes under this line. What is this? & one user have same kind of typing problem with same letters & his problem is resolved after doing above step by informing apple through beta version feedback app.

Attachments

• Iphone 6.jpg
    Iphone 6.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,512

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They told me after whole step above described apple will allow me to install beta version & then i can submit my problem using feedback app.
That's not going to help with your issue though.
[doublepost=1459092316][/doublepost]
Also there is some kind of parallel line appearing top to bottom & touch between this not working & letters y,g,v,6 , @ comes under this line. What is this? & one user have same kind of typing problem with same letters & his problem is resolved after doing above step by informing apple through beta version feedback app.
Even more likely that it's some hardware issue that you won't be able to do much aside from contacting Apple for them to try to do something about it.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
This is a definite hardware issue. With the display and digitizer. Time to head to the apple store.

jaygonzalez

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2017
After updaing ios 9.2 on my iphone 6, keyboard does not response while typing the letters y,g,v,6 along with the symbol @. I can’t even sign in to other email address in my mailbox because “@” cannot be typed. Anyone has a solution for this problem??? these letters cannot be typed using any method. I have tried the reset phone method. Also, tried the restore phone from iTunes. but, the keyboard does not work for typing the mentioned letters and symbol.
please help me ASAP…
[doublepost=1490075080][/doublepost]LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW WITH THE SAME PHONE, SAME LETTERS, And everything!!!
[doublepost=1490075126][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1490075080][/doublepost]
LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW WITH THE SAME PHONE, SAME LETTERS, And everything!!!
[doublepost=1490075080][/doublepost]
LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW WITH THE SAME PHONE, SAME LETTERS, And everything!!!
HAVE RESETTED AND EVERYTHING TOO
[doublepost=1490075243][/doublepost]
I have the same lines too!!! Mine just disappeared though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.