Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pincomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Bluffton, SC
I continue to be bugged by the TimeMachine backup failure "Some of the files on your Mac cannot be backed up until Cloud Files syncing has completed." I have two machines that are identically configured. Both back-up to a Synology NAS. One works fine and the other consistently gives this error message. I think I had hoped Apple would fix this in 14.1, but they clearly haven't; the issue persists. Anyone got any suggestions to resolve this?

pincomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Bluffton, SC
Quick update for anyone with this same issue. I have searched every forum and website that I can find that references this issue. With help from an Apple forum, I was able to fix the issue very simply. Go to System Settings/General/Login Items, scroll down to 'Allow in the Background' and turn off any activity associated with Adobe. My TimeMachine backup re-started immediately and I was able to turn both the Adobe background options back on again and it still works.

Hope this is helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.