Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowBoutIt?

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Utah
Hello-
I am going to go against popular opinion and get the Nano 6 gen. I need something for my triathlon training (not the swimming time). I have heard so many negative things about the new Nano and one being that with some the ear phone jack does not have a good connection. Even people who have not used the ones that came with the new nano.

I have researched the V Modo Vibe (or something like this but not sure how to spell it correctly), the Westone 1, 2, and 3 and several others.

I would appreciate any recommendations for in-the-ear ear phones (the ones that look like saucers that just go into the external part of the ear fall right out no matter how much time I take in trying to get them right).

so with the training my situation has become even more critical to find a good pair of in the ear phones. Money is not an issue (within reason like < than $200).

Some that anybody has had a good experience with I wold like to check out.

finally even know the Nano is really small, I need a pouch type case to put it in. Not sure if they make them since it comes with a clip, but I should at least ask since I sweat tons and that could cause some problems with the ear phone connection (if sweat gets in there).

thanks in advance for any personal opinions I can check out.

aimeeinohio

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2010
That new little Nano sure is ADORABLE!!! BUT I would be worried about hurting that cure lil' touch screen if you're training hard...If it were me, I'd get the previous nano (which I have and am passing on to my niece soon). As for ear phones, I can NEVER get the in-ear ones to stay in my ears. So really, I'm no help, I just wanted to comment:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.