Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeW

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Hi everyone,
I have already posted this in one forum section, so sorry if I am bugging anyone, I just was not sure which would be best for this subject. :eek:
First off, sorry for being cheeky and asking. I am a graphic design student and unfortunately part of being a student means writing essays. I am currently writing an essay about how companies handles design, and visa versa. I have already talked about a few large and small companies, and who range from print to fashion, however I wanted to bring in product design and of course Apple seemed perfect. I have done a load of research and of course owning a few Macs sure helps, but I didnt know if anyone could provide any hints or quotes or knowledge or links on the following subjects?

1) How Apple breaks down its design teams. ie Is it is just one team incharge of every electronic product, or are there several who are in charge of just one specific product, and how much Jonathan Ive has control (if any) over these, and how he intracts with them.

2) If there have been any 'common' problems resulted from first gen or second gen launches? I mean known problems like the first gen iMac having heat related problems etc? This is a question about any Apple product released over the last ten years or so.

3) Anyone know who is incharge of the packaging, if it is done inhouse or by a design consultancy, and if anyone has any links to images of packaging such as the Power Mac and iMac, old and new?

4) Anyone have any links to good sites with information about what happens inside Apple. I mainly find just news about products but what I am more after is information about the company and its members, its design philsophies and principals, and how it handles design etc.

5) Finally sales figures for the last ten years or so, of both Apple and other competitor computer brands.

I know, I am being cheeky, but ANY help at all would prove to be of incredible use. Just a couple more thousand words to go!

Thank you X 100 in advance! :)

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Welcome to the forums! I don't have an answer to any of your "important questions" but I did have an answer to which forum would be best... either of them would. But not both. We have many addicted forum members who look at every post (especially today because of MacWorld San Francisco) and will eventually get around to yours. Posting in two places just tends to upset them because they're fragile creatures.

Enjoy your stay at MR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.