Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I updated my ATV2 to version 4.2 last week for the MLB and NBA updates. I want to jailbreak my device for the first time tomorrow so I can use XBMC. I wanted to know if I will still have access to MLB, NBA, and Netflix once I jailbreak my device?

Is Seas0nPass the correct thing to use? THANKS!

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Yes you still have access to all the ATV2 functions, however XBMC currently has problems with 4.2 because some of the API's have changed.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I updated my ATV2 to version 4.2 last week for the MLB and NBA updates. I want to jailbreak my device for the first time tomorrow so I can use XBMC. I wanted to know if I will still have access to MLB, NBA, and Netflix once I jailbreak my device?

Is Seas0nPass the correct thing to use? THANKS!

Yes, You will be able to access all the stock functions after jailbreak, You need to wait for XBMC and other programs to be update to be working on 4.3 (4.2 apple tv), since it have been some changes.

Also please note that Seas0nPass is a "tethered" Jailbreak, meaning you will have to re run the jailbreaking tool if your AppleTv reboots (Power loss, etc).

My personal advice, wait out a bit, for an update of Greenpois0n or Pwnage tool for an untethered jailbreak and also for the update of the applications.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Yes, You will be able to access all the stock functions after jailbreak, You need to wait for XBMC and other programs to be update to be working on 4.3 (4.2 apple tv), since it have been some changes.

Also please note that Seas0nPass is a "tethered" Jailbreak, meaning you will have to re run the jailbreaking tool if your AppleTv reboots (Power loss, etc).

My personal advice, wait out a bit, for an update of Greenpois0n or Pwnage tool for an untethered jailbreak and also for the update of the applications.

Great! Thanks for the advice. Any idea how long it takes for these new greenpois0n and XBMC updates to come out? A few weeks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.