Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
im being curious about how the new mbp 14 (base model especially) stacks up against the mba and mbp m1 ,but also in general

1)what is temp at idle/light usage (little background processes,mail,whatsapp,messages ,moving some files ) ? i have read the new macbook pros are quite hot (relatively to the m1)

2)under same load ,what are the temps when hooked to an external monitor ? (4k60 or higher)

3)i dont know how many apps are optimised for the added cores,but can you feel a difference in performance in general ?

4)looks like wifi is still 1200mps max (theorical ..) ,with 80mhz 2*2 MIMO ,do you confirm that ?

5)have they still not fixed the external storage speed problems ? on m1 my external SSDs (samsung t5 and t7) both get around 30-50% slower speeds (and thats in benchmarks,irl it feels worse tbf)

6)how is battery so far ?can it make through your day ? how does it compare with mba m1 ? im wondering if both temps and worse battery arent the results of the removal of 2 efficiency cores

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.