Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agilekyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
With an ever increasing need for portability, I have decided to sell my 24 inch iMac and purchase a notebook. I have almost settled on the black Macbook, but I have a few questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

1) Is the fading in the palm rests still a problem? Is it prominent? I haven't heard anything about this in almost a year.

2) Is there any reduction in video quality when powering a 23" Cinema Display?

3) What is the max resolution for an external monitor? I seem to be having trouble finding this.

4) Are you happy with your Macbook?

Thanks once again for any help.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
With an ever increasing need for portability, I have decided to sell my 24 inch iMac and purchase a notebook. I have almost settled on the black Macbook, but I have a few questions. Any information will be much appreciated.

1) Is the fading in the palm rests still a problem? Is it prominent? I haven't heard anything about this in almost a year.

3) What is the max resolution for an external monitor? I seem to be having trouble finding this.

Thanks once again for any help.

1) I can't speak about the fading in the palm rest area as I haven't had mine very long at all, but I do tend to keep it clean (wipe it with screen wipes every couple days - keeps the smudge marks to a minimum).

2) Running an external display is not a problem; DVI video is crystal clear. I often plug mine into a 24" LG 246W at home and a 20" NEC multisync at work.

3) 1920x1200 is max DVI resolution supported on an external monitor. Not sure what the analog (VGA) resolution is, but its likely a slight bit higher.

4) Very happy. I get complements on it all the time at work. Most non-Apple folks haven't seen too many black Mac laptops (if ever), so I get a lot of comments.

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada

HTML:
Yes they seem to be as do the cracking palm rests
HTML:
not that I have noticed

HTML:

I've had a number of issue's and I have only had my macbook 4 months so I'd have to say no

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.