Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gomezkebab

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
Hey,

1. How do I disable the missing plugins message at the start-up of Logic?

2. Sometimes i move the location of samples on my computer and those samples are used in a logic projects, when i open the logic project the samples are not played back since logic can not locate them. Any way to automatically scan for missing samples in a project so they are found again?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Hey,

1. How do I disable the missing plugins message at the start-up of Logic?

2. Sometimes i move the location of samples on my computer and those samples are used in a logic projects, when i open the logic project the samples are not played back since logic can not locate them. Any way to automatically scan for missing samples in a project so they are found again?
1 - If you're getting this every time you open Logic, as opposed to just when you open projects referencing plugins you haven't installed, it's probably time to re-install Logic. Out of curiosity what does it say is missing?

2 - No because how would it know where to look? When saving a Logic project, you can opt to include literally all media associated with the project including custom samples. True your project will get bigger because it's hosting duplicates of things that exist elsewhere on your computer, and this is really aimed at people who might for example send their project to someone else for mixing, but the facility is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.