Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minus55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
For the past few months, every time I try to pull up the Roger Waters or Hall and Oates pages on Wikipedia, Safari and Chrome both crash. The browsers will occasionally crash on other sites, but it is consistent on these two.

Any ideas?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For the past few months, every time I try to pull up the Roger Waters or Hall and Oates pages on Wikipedia, Safari and Chrome both crash. The browsers will occasionally crash on other sites, but it is consistent on these two.

Any ideas?
What particular device and iOS version? And what do you mean exactly by "crash"--what happens specifically?

minus55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Mac mini 2012, Sierra 10.12.5.

"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded"
Then it crashes a few more times and a white screen says "a problem repeatedly occurred with..."

Thanks for the reply!

treekram

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2015
Honolulu HI
I have a Mac Mini quad-core running El Capitan and another computer running Sierra 10.12.5 and did not have any issues loading the Hall & Oates wiki page in Safari (I don't have Chrome). You may have a plug-in that is causing problems. See if there are any crash reports. Run the Console app and in the first pane, select System Reports (and then User Reports). For the System Reports, look for "WindowServer" files with the ".crash" extension. For the User Reports, look for "com.apple.WebKit." files with the ."crash" extension. I don't what the Chrome crash report (if any) would be named. If you post a few of the reports, if any, it may have some useful information there. If you post, please clip the report until the point where it says "Thread X::" ... etc. where X is some number (usually 0).

You can also try running in Safe Mode and see if you have the same issues. If you don't that will tell you that it's likely a plug-in or some similar 3rd-party software that's causing the problem.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.