Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
There was a game I liked to play, but unfortunately I cannot remember what it was called or where to find it. Maybe someone here could help:

Game play was very simple, 2D, and very basic graphics. You controlled a little point on the perimeter of a black, rectangular space. The goal was to block off an increasing percentage of the screen with the arrow keys. The rectangles you "blocked off" would turn a color. There were two "bad guys" that could disrupt your lines if they bumped into you while you were off the perimeter. Not sure if that made sense

Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about, and more importantly if this game is available for the Mac or is out on the net. Thanks in advance.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Wow, that was quick. Very much appreciated ;) .

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
I loved that game... back in the early 80's. I worked at DEC and we had it on our TOPS20 DECSystem20 machines. Also played an 8 player startrek game in the 1982 timeframe that was so realistic (also on our TOPS20 machines).

Makes me wonder what I will be saving about todays games in 20 years!

I like the ambrosia clone better.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
If you check idevgames.com and check the forums, someone made a game like that for Mac OS X and it does have a 3d-element to it, check it out.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
If you check idevgames.com and check the forums, someone made a game like that for Mac OS X and it does have a 3d-element to it, check it out.

Do you know what it was called?

It would be great if there was a recent clone of Qix. I believe I used to play the OS 7 version.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
That games the best, I used to have a clone of it on my samsung phone called "go hamster"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.