Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imabatpo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Hi everyone,
please take your time and try to help me.
I downloaded Ziphone and forgot to restore my iPhone first. I went straight to "do it all - unlock, jailbrake, activate". during the middle of it, itunes said that they detected my device in recovery mode and i pressed ok and later the "apple iphone detected" went away. the unlock didn't work because it went over 15 minutes, so i stopped the process. Then, i tried to restart my iphone. But when i restart it now, all these numbers and letters come out for ziphone and then it freezes at this screen and it says "Installing base apps..." and it just freezes there. I want to restore my iphone and try again, but now itunes doesn't even detect my iphone..... please help me. thanks in advance.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
First: Don't use Ziphone. It uses a one step hack that could cause damage. Use something like iLiberty that has a two step which allows room for error.

Second: Turn off your phone and put it into recovery mode. Do this by holding the home button while plugging in the usb cable. Then iTunes should recognize it. Restore using iTunes and rejailbreak using something other than ziphone.

Hope this helps....

xegadevagar

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
iTunes don't recognize iPhone in DFU mode

First: Don't use Ziphone. It uses a one step hack that could cause damage. Use something like iLiberty that has a two step which allows room for error.

Ok. Lesson learnt.

Second: Turn off your phone and put it into recovery mode. Do this by holding the home button while plugging in the usb cable. Then iTunes should recognize it. Restore using iTunes and rejailbreak using something other than ziphone.

No, iTunes didn't recongnize it. It shows "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An unknown error occurred (2005)." Look the attached image.

Suggestions?

thanks a lot

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 83

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I'm on my phone so I can't find anything. Just google putting iPhone into recovery mode. Restore and you should be good to go.

c.Carlsbad

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
i know this seems simple but i just pushed the top on/off button and the sleep button for ~10 seconds and this seemed to fix the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.