Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misterpip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Apple included swipe from left hand side of screen to go back, so that the traditional 'back' button (top-left button of app in e.g. App Store, Music App) wouldn't be as inaccessible with one-handed operation on 4.7" iPhone 6.

Also the entire body of my iPhone 4S is 4.7".

Just two things that just dawned on me.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Apple included swipe from left hand side of screen to go back, so that the traditional 'back' button (top-left button of app in e.g. App Store, Music App) wouldn't be as inaccessible with one-handed operation on 4.7" iPhone 6.

Also the entire body of my iPhone 4S is 4.7".

Just two things that just dawned on me.

Yes, however this has occurred to many people. :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
There was a lot of talk about this on tech sites. Majority were guessing Apple was preparing iOS for larger screens. It really is thinking ahead.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might or might not be thinking ahead (and likely it is), but even without that, it still helps no matter what the screen size is.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
This was the only way to go back on the iPod nano and I got used to doing that, but when I got an iPhone (iOS 6) it wasn't there and I adjusted to that. Now It's not so second nature for me but I wish it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.