Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g_kechas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Lately I have noticed that I can’t attach any document to any application, be it mail, outlook, WhatsAp, imessages, viber or anything else. For one second it shows the iCloud Drive, then it starts blinking and comes up with an error: "Something went wrong when displaying documents-Try again". Of course, not matter how many times you try, it comes up with the same message. I can’t even browse to other files or other locations. Tried to solve the issue by enabling/ disabling the iCloud Drive from iCloud list in Settings, but no luck.

I had this issue again in the past and only a hard reset and restore from an icloud back up resolved the problem, but only for a few days. After a while, the problem came back. Obviously, I cannot reset my iPhone/iPad every now and then and certainly this must be a very common bug, which spoils the mobility and the idea of real work on any iOS device. The only way to get round this is to share the selected files from the files app (instead of browsing from the application’s menu) using the preferred application, but it clearly beats the purpose in my view.

I have posted this on Apple’s Community forum as well and I have noticed that others are plagued with the same problem too but no answer or solution was given. It's certainly both annoying and frustrating that this bug seems to have survived even in the latest iOS 15 update.

I am experiencing the same problem both with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPad 11” 2021, which in my view shows this is a bug in iOS/iCloud and files app.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.