Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSuzan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
Updated both my Mac Mini M2 Pro and my MacBook Pro M1 Pro to Sonoma 14.3.

My MagicKeyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are connnected to my Mac Mini. Via Universal Control I am using my input devices for the MBP as well. This worked fairly good until the update. Sometime I had connection issues but overall it worked great.

Since the update Universal Control is very unreliable. Nearly once an hour the connection is lost. It reconnects automatically after a few seconds but this is utterly nerving.

Anyone else has the same problems? Or even a solution?

kitebrdr

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2024
Updated both my Mac Mini M2 Pro and my MacBook Pro M1 Pro to Sonoma 14.3.

My MagicKeyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are connnected to my Mac Mini. Via Universal Control I am using my input devices for the MBP as well. This worked fairly good until the update. Sometime I had connection issues but overall it worked great.

Since the update Universal Control is very unreliable. Nearly once an hour the connection is lost. It reconnects automatically after a few seconds but this is utterly nerving.

Anyone else has the same problems? Or even a solution?
Same issue....M2 MB Air

Reactions: ikir

Tobilins

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2024
Ukraine
Apparently, it's somehow related because I have some problems with the trackpad that I described in my topic

moebis

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Slovakia
yeah I have filed many bug reports about this. I've always had problems with Universal Control with it only marginally getting better each release. Now I can expect to lose my mouse and keyboard on my MacBook Pro (M1 Max) which is being controlled by my Mac Studio (M1 Ultra) host at least once or twice per hour. I've also been beta testing all of the Sonoma releases and have been filing feedback reports, with zero replies coming back from Apple. So fed up with this right now. Opening another thread here: https://discussions.apple.com/threa...he_full_discussion-en-us-11282023&sortBy=best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.