Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codeman7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hi all! Just updated to Sonoma 14.4, and my Reminders (synced with iCloud via an Apple Business Essentials account) all disappeared. I can go to iCloud.com and see my reminders, which are probably a month or two out of date. For some reason they seem to have stopped syncing.

This happened with the upgrade to 13.3 as well, where I didn't realize that iCloud had stopped syncing my Reminders, and I lost them all.

Are these stored somewhere locally that I can restore from Time Machine? I tried restoring ~/Library/Reminders, as well as ~/Library/Containers/[All three Reminders folders] from an hour before the upgrade, but when I relaunched Reminders there was nothing new there.

Reactions: splifingate

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Just updated to 14.4 (23E214).

Haven't *cough* remembered to use Reminders in quite a while, but on opening (traditional welcome to an updated..., etc. screen) I can see all six Reminders I set over a year ago 🤷‍♂️

I found my reminder data in $ ~/Library/Biome/streams/restricted/ProactiveHarvesting.Reminders/local/[15-digit number]

It's in SEGB format.

hth

codeman7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
This didn't happen on my personal devices, which is interesting. With 14.4, if I toggle on and off Reminders syncing, or remove and re-add the iCloud account, they'll sync for a few minutes and then stop and seemingly never sync again.

I tried restoring this file, but no matter whether I do it with the iCloud account enabled or not, I don't get Reminders back. I haven't delved into the file format, I'm just disappointed that neither iCloud nor Time Machine seems to have managed to back up my Reminders. I didn't realize they could be so easily lost.

Reactions: splifingate

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
This didn't happen on my personal devices, which is interesting. With 14.4, if I toggle on and off Reminders syncing, or remove and re-add the iCloud account, they'll sync for a few minutes and then stop and seemingly never sync again.

I tried restoring this file, but no matter whether I do it with the iCloud account enabled or not, I don't get Reminders back. I haven't delved into the file format, I'm just disappointed that neither iCloud nor Time Machine seems to have managed to back up my Reminders. I didn't realize they could be so easily lost.

I have yet to update my iPhone/iPad (only performed the Sonoma update).

After the 14.4 update, I've experienced some indeterminate (but not irrevocable) Keychain issues.

For Ex., My previously-effortless (and speedy) SSH key handshakes have--yet again--resolved to intermittently slow wait-times.

There's a lot going-on under-the-hood, and we may be teething newly-implemented security burps (see: https://security.apple.com/blog/imessage-pq3/).

As with all things, "placing one's eggs all in one basket", etc. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.