Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Netfool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
I've been running a new Mac Mini M2pro for a couple of months. Sonoma 14.3 dropped and I decided to upgrade from Ventura.

Immediately after the install, my wired Apple keyboard (model A1243) stopped working. I used a no-name bluetooth keyboard to try to troubleshoot the problem. Restarting in safe mode was no help. Nor was reinstalling Sonoma.

I plugged in a wired Logitech keyboard and it worked fine. The Apple A1243, works fine on my old MacBook Pro and the old iMac that the mini replaced.

I visited an Apple-authorized service provider and they said the mini passed all of Apple's tests and the USB ports were working normally.

SOLUTION: When I unplugged the Apple keyboard from the USB port on the mini and plugged it into an old Sabrent USB Hub it began working normally. It also works normally when plugged into an ACODOT USB hub.
if I plug it back into the mini directly it stops working again.

APPLE SO NEEDS TO DO ANOTHER SNOW LEOPARD !!!! Quit adding features and fix the #&^%$@ bugs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.