Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salumbre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
Greetings, fellow Macheads,

So I did the stupid thing and upgraded to Sonoma right away, instead of waiting for an update or two to smooth out the kinks. I know, I should have known better, blah-blah-lah, but here we are.

I like Sonoma a lot. I love the changes to the interface, and my Mac runs cooler.

However, I have bumped into what seems to be a bug. I tried all the different wallpapers and screensavers without a problem. I ended up choosing the Alaskan Jellies Dark screensaver, and clicked the option "Show as wallpaper."

It works, but from that point on, I can't even see the wallpaper settings panel. Every time I click on it, I get the error message shown in the screenshot below. The error number changes every time, but the message stays exactly the same.

I have tried turning off "Show as wallpaper," choosing other screensavers, resetting NVRAM and SMC, starting on safe mode... Nothing works so far, at least for me.

My Mac is a 2018 Mini. Specs are 3.6Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i3, with 40 gigs of RAM.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

There's a Reddit thread about this, so apparently I'm not the only one, but it does not seem to be a widespread issue. The thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/macapps/comments/16vl58z

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 9.38.11 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.