Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
Well...I am thinking that if the remote can be used to control different computers' iTunes, than it can be a cheap alternative to Sonos, if you have nice speakers on each of the computers. Any thoughts?

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
From the limited time I have had testing it, I would say it is definitely a "Sonos-killer". :cool:

KT Walrus

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I have an Airport Express hooked into my whole house audio system and it rocks. Only problem has been that you need to go to the computer to control what music is playing throughout the house.

I'd say that using the new Remote app in the iPhone will be a great hit for me. Since it is a network remote, I can use it anywhere in the house!

If you don't have a whole house audio system to plug into, you can always buy multiple Airport Express units and get a set up amplified speakers for each Express and pipe the music wherever you need it. Of course, you will need multiple computers as well running iTunes if you want to listen to something different in each Airport Express. But, if you don't mind having only one source, you can pipe iTunes to whichever Airport Express units you want (or any/all of them).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.