Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigSky20

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Has anyone found a good way to import Sony 4K XVAC-S video (from Sony A7Rii) directly to an iPad Pro?
I know it hasn't worked for sometime, but I am hoping someone found the right adapter or setting to make this work. I purchased an iPad Pro partially for editing 4K video from my Sony A7Rii on the fly. Unfortunately, it does not seem to work. I have purchased the new camera kit and the latest Apple cables, and it still will not work.

I know it works with iPhone 4k video and importing to a mac and then transferring to iPad, but I am hoping to find a solution to import directly into the iPad.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
No idea, but how are you liking the A7Rii for video? I want one, but don't NEED one. I also would like an FS-5 to match ;)

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
You can transfer 4K videos shot on an iPhone directly to the iPad using the camera kit. This was shown in the Apple iPad demo, so it will work.

Can you import a sample clip into the iPads camera roll? Is it in a mp4 container? Because if the camera roll cannot see it, then iMovie cannot see it either and no combination of cables will work as the file needs to be converted first.

Did you set the camera to MTP?

The video might be too long so try a 5 second clip first: http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-pro/importing-xavc-video-to-ipad-pro/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.