Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrtyHarry

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Drty Jrz
So I got a 64GB small SONY Microvault to transfer data between my phone and Macbook Pro.

When I put the device into my phone, the phone (Note 7) asks to format the Sony drive so that it can work with the device. So I do...I have to format it unless it can not be read or recognized.

And when I go to put the device in my computer, the device can not be read. The only way it can be read is if I open up and run Disk Utility. However, when/if I do that...once again, it can not be read by the phone.

So, this drive can only be used formatted for ONE piece of equipment to read at a time. Either the Mac...or the phone. Is there a way I can get the device to be read by BOTH pieces of equipment so that I can transfer data from one device to the other? I am able to do so with older/other Sony drives. Why can't I do it with this one? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

Harry
[doublepost=1472881806][/doublepost]Well....I got it to half work. USB 3 will not work so I need to use an adapter. I took my OLD flash drive that was formatted and worked and copied the three folders, "Android", "Lost.DIR", "BUDA" and copied them to my desktop. I inserted the new SONY MICROVAULT drive into the Mac and formatted it in DU. After I did that, I dragged and dropped the 3 folders above onto the drive. AND IT WORKS! Not sure if I need to copy all three of the folders, but went ahead and did. Not sure why the USB C will not work, I have to use an adapter that converts USB C to USB 3.0. BUT...I can now transfer data. I do need to carry the USB adapter...and that is the same size of the drive, but that's the only way I can get it to work. I will call Sony up and ask them why I have to do what I did and how come the USB C will not work without the adapter. Thanks again.

Harry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.