Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Loads and loads of discounts on games and hardware! Including Dual Shocks, Far Cry 5 & God of War!

Stuff I bought;
- Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection (old school!)
- Assassin's Creed 3-pack (some more old school stuff)
- God of War Digital Deluxe Edition
- Far Cry 5 Gold Edition
- Arizona Sunshine (PSVR)
- Doom VFR (PSVR)
- Frantics (PlayLink game)
- Hidden Agenda (PlayLink game)

What did/will you buy while it's discounted?

Reactions: maflynn

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Loads and loads of discounts on games and hardware! Including Dual Shocks, Far Cry 5 & God of War!

Stuff I bought;
- Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection (old school!)
- Assassin's Creed 3-pack (some more old school stuff)
- God of War Digital Deluxe Edition
- Far Cry 5 Gold Edition
- Arizona Sunshine (PSVR)
- Doom VFR (PSVR)
- Frantics (PlayLink game)
- Hidden Agenda (PlayLink game)

What did/will you buy while it's discounted?

While I didn’t purchase anything that was discounted, I do own Far Cry 5, and I want to say that this game is absolutely amazing on my PS4 Pro on a 4K TV. UBisoft did an excellent job and this is by far the best in the Far Cry series in terms of being in open world with stellar graphics/gameplay. One of the best games I have played so far this year in 2018.

Reactions: BlankStar

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
I'm considering Horizon Zero Dawn, which dropped in price to only $20, but I'm not a huge fan of stealth. I've never enjoyed an Assassin's Creed game, Metal Gear, etc.

Everything else about the game looks interesting to me, though. Anyone here play it? Is stealth mandatory?

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
I am considering making the leap from my original XBONE to the PS4 Pro... how good is this $350 price? Are similar deals around at other points in the year?

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I'm considering Horizon Zero Dawn, which dropped in price to only $20, but I'm not a huge fan of stealth. I've never enjoyed an Assassin's Creed game, Metal Gear, etc.

Everything else about the game looks interesting to me, though. Anyone here play it? Is stealth mandatory?
Consider it mandatory like most games, at the beginning. You are constantly facing mechanical dinosaurs that can stomp you in a heartbeat, so stealth is a necessity. It's very fun & rewarding though, because they give you many options. As you progress and get better armors & weapons, you become an arrow slinging death machine.

Stealth isn't as heavy as say Tomb Raider which I loved, but it is an important factor.

When you're facing a T - Rex sized mech with a bow & arrow, rope traps, & more, you can kind of see where stealth can help out. Consider though it's the kind of stealth you do in mid day light in large overgrowth, and using terrain as cover.

It's well worth it.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Consider it mandatory like most games, at the beginning. You are constantly facing mechanical dinosaurs that can stomp you in a heartbeat, so stealth is a necessity. It's very fun & rewarding though, because they give you many options. As you progress and get better armors & weapons, you become an arrow slinging death machine.

Stealth isn't as heavy as say Tomb Raider which I loved, but it is an important factor.

When you're facing a T - Rex sized mech with a bow & arrow, rope traps, & more, you can kind of see where stealth can help out. Consider though it's the kind of stealth you do in mid day light in large overgrowth, and using terrain as cover.

It's well worth it.

I'll give it a shot then. I just can't deal with, "Follow this target and don't lose sight of it, but also don't let your stealth meter get red, otherwise you'll have to restart from the checkpoint you were at 20 minutes ago."

Reactions: Nermal

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
You might enjoy assassin's creed origins though. You can make that one a hack'n'slash-game if you want. Invest all your skill points in the weapon tree and swing around the metal! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.