Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Me again.

Yesterday, it was iTunes on Mojave, which no longer recognizes my iPad since upgrading to iPadOS 17 Public Beta.

Today, I discover that my iPad can no longer discover my Sony WX-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones. So no Bluetooth pairing.

The headphones are fine. They connect to my iPhone (which I have not upgraded to iOS 17).

But in the last few days, my 12.9 iPad is transitioning into a very beautiful brick !

Not a happy customer.

Anyone else tried to connect Sony WX-1000XM4 headphones by Bluetooth to an iPad or iPhone on 17 ? And….?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Ok here's the thing: you're not supposed to install BETA firmware on devices you rely on.
The BETA program is not there to give you an early-doors access to faultless finished firmware.
It's literally there so you can user-test firmware that is still in development, ideally on spare hardware, and report any bugs you find to the devs.
So, go ahead and report the bugs. That's why you're in the BETA program.
But don't go moaning that you're 'not a happy customer' and that your iPad is being slowly bricked.
If this is the only tablet you've got, and if you rely on it working reliably, then installing BETA software on it was a crazy move, and the problems you're having are entirely of your making.

Last edited:

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
UPDATE: Used the Sony App. Back in business. My brick can now connect to my Sony WX-1000XM4 headphones. But I can’t load up any music because my brick won‘t connect to iTunes (on Mojave) !

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Ok here's the thing: you're not supposed to install BETA firmware on devices you rely on.
The BETA program is not there to give you an early-doors access to faultless finished firmware.
It's literally there so you can user-test firmware that is still in development, ideally on spare hardware, and report any bugs you find to the devs.
So, go ahead and report the bugs. That's why you're in the BETA program.
But don't go moaning that you're 'not a happy customer' and that your iPad is being slowly bricked.
If this is the only tablet you've got, and if you rely on it working reliably, then installing BETA software on it was a crazy move, and the problems you're having are entirely of your making.
Yes Major. Three bags full Major. Fixed it, Major. Your comments appreciated, Major.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MajorFubar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.