Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flatjuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
Finally, I have a guts to install Sorbet R15 thru CCC. I followed the instruction in the process from this site (hopefully I was right). It seemed that my old application went away. The application folder in my updated R15 is like a newly installed OS...:(

I have to re-install it one by one.

My question, did I miss something, like an option in CCC. I chose, don't delete everything preserving only newer files, hoping only an OSX apps that will be reinstalled?
Or if I did fine, is there any other way to preserve my applications so that I don't have to reinstall apps again?

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
What i would do once you have everything set up is make a restore image of your system. Then if you ever choose to do a clean install, or use a community built restore image, you can mount your backup.dmg and just copy over whatever you need (applications, home directory etc). I'm sure there are other ways, but it's worked for me in the past.

Cheers

flatjuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
What i would do once you have everything set up is make a restore image of your system. Then if you ever choose to do a clean install, or use a community built restore image, you can mount your backup.dmg and just copy over whatever you need (applications, home directory etc). I'm sure there are other ways, but it's worked for me in the past.

Cheers
Then, I just can clone (from the backup) the entire system (R15) then restore this backup to other or new machine without R15 ini it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.