Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingamahoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Again, I'm sure this has been discussed, but all the iphone topics have made it hard for me to find a thread . . .

So, I know lots of people have been having the problem that I have -- wifi on my Macbook periodically goes out. And periodically means every few minutes or seconds. Web pages lag in loading up or I have to wait minutes to regain service. Files stall while downloading. It's driving me absolutely crazy.

I have a 3-month old blackbook that came with 10.4.1 installed. I have updated with the recent firmware and the problem persists. It took me a long time to determine that it was not my airport express wireless field or my comcast cable modem service, but my damn computer, which I love in every other way.

There's a long topic on the Apple forums about this, but I was wondering whether the hardcore apple obsessives over here might have some insight into the problems and perhaps can shed some light on a solution.

Again, my apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseum.

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2007
This happened to me with my Netgear router and Cox ISP on my MBP. My PC laptop has no problems making a connection with no dropouts, but the MBP would work for a little while then it would crap out the network and nothing could get connected till I reset the router. Didn't really find any help here (allthough some posted some tips but they didn't work for me).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.