Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frescies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Whoa... OK...

I have a small windows (and one mac) network set up at my office. Built it up and it was a piece of cake actually. Windows functions alright with a LAN. Anyway I have our database of pictures, files, documents and what not on a central server running win2000 server edition. The server delegates all of our accounts that each person uses to log into the network and works as a DHCP as well.

Anyway...

We recently got a second location and I just set a computer up (where I'm typing from right now). I want it to be able to connect to the server at our main location, over the internet, to pull files off of it (using VPN or whatever :D). So... At the main location, which I will call SERVER1, I have configured the server as a DMZ and have set up Remote Access across the internet (VPN I think) so that I can connect to it using the Public IP address on the WAN side of the router I have there.

So here I am at our second location trying to connect to SERVER1 with the "Add Network Place Wizard" and im getting nothing [perhaps I'm using the wrong syntax... but i dont think so. I've tried everything along the lines of http(and ftp)://(Server1's IP Addy)/Server1].

I can, however, connect with my IBOOK and it lets me connect using any of the accounts I have set up on SERVER1 (wont let me connect with random stuff I pull out of my a$$, fortunately), but I can only gain access to the little MS UAM volume- which I have installed and does me no good :(

ANY suggestions would be super-appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.