Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Until recently my Apple Watch would send me notifications of movement from one of my hive sensors. However, for the past few days I no longer am in receipt of said notifications.

I have tried restarting both the watch and iphone.
I have uninstalled the hive app on the watch and reinstalled it back again.
All other notifications from other apps work fine.
Just wondering if there are any other users who use the hive app have found anything similar?
Thanks in advance.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Hive ending support for sensors now and cameras next year I think?

Last edited:

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Thanks…. Interesting, although I can’t see any mention of their movement sensor being on this list. Also, it is still available for purchase direct from the Hive web site.

I have now noticed even my iPhone is no longer receiving movement notifications. Did an update to the app this morning but the lack of notifications has been going on for a good fee days now.
I’m thinking it may be something to do with iOS 17.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Makes sense. Not great when things stop working for no reason. Sometimes a router restart can fix things like this, worth a try.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Thanks but it’s not the router.
At the moment my iPad Pro and my wife’s iphone both receive notifications from Hive.
I deleted Hive on the phone and reinstalled but nothing still…

Anyway, thanks Pug for your help. It has been appreciated when another brain gets to throw in ideas.
For now though I will live with it and mill it over the next few days. 👍👋

Reactions: Pug72

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
No probs, last thing would be to check notification settings in the Watch app on the phone. You've probably already checked.
Hope you sort it soon. 👍🏻

Reactions: Beards

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Sorted…… I again deleted the Hive app on the phone just like I did previously…
However, this time after deleting I performed a hard reboot to clear out any residue and restarted the phone.
Reinstall of the Hive app and YES….. this cured the problem of no notifications on both the phone and watch.
✅ Job Done.

Reactions: Pug72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.