Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BradOntCa

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Canada
Hello. Does anyone know if the sound chip (or whatever they call it in these tablets) the same in a Ipod touch as it is in a Ipad mini or Ipod pro? I bought a Ipod touch 7TH gen to play music in my car through my car stereo and it sounds a bit harsh to me. It could be my stereo but I still would like to know if the sound card is the same in all these Apple tablets, I can't find this info anywhere. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: arefbe

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
This isn’t an answer for you BUT should help understanding what might be at play.

What you’re looking for when you say “sound chip” I think, is the dac processor. The linked post indicates that systems without a headphone jack don’t have a dac. They DO, actually, to generate sound from the internal speakers. However, it’s implied that the DAC is in the lightning-headphone adapter and, while clean, lacks some of the “energy” of the headphone DAC. That’s not the case for your iPod Touch, but “iPod Touch DAC quality” should help your search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.