Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
After updating to Mojave there's been a few sound output issues I've run into.

Whenever I plug in my monitor, the sound output goes to monitor, but I use a bluetooth speaker or internal. Is there a way to prioritize, so when I plug in my monitor, I don't have to switch it manually every time?

I also have a Bluetooth speaker (Anker Soundcore 2), and before the update, I just turn it on and it connects. Now it seem like it connects for a few seconds, then disconnects, I then have to manually connect. So I'll have to go into bluetooth settings and select my bluetooth speaker, then go into sound, and select my bluetooth speaker because it defaults to my monitor.

I also occasionally use my bluetooth headphones and have to manually go through these steps all over if I use them. Before Mojave, I could connect the BT headphones, turn them off and it would jump back to the BT speakers. Not anymore.

I've disables my monitor speakers. I've re-paired, added and removed my bluetooth speakers several times. I didn't have any of these problems before the update. Anyone else have a similar problem?

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I just wish when I plugged an iPad into my desktop, I could airplay the video to it while still playing the sound over the nice big full sounding speakers of the imac.

...and, plug a pair of stereo speakers in that iMac, like the big shiny JBL Creature speakers Apple sold me for a small fortune, and have it be smart enough to utilize all available speakers for the fullest sound, or even use the camera to identify where I’m sitting and tune each speaker to idealize the surround on my ears location. I thought surely Apple would do this kind of thing back in 2008-2009 since they were packing all kinds of extra functionality into their systems.

A decade later, and computer sound is still no more sophisticated than it was about 15 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.