Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I just updated to iOS 11.3 on my iPhone X and today had an issue where the sound wasn’t working. I tried playing YouTube videos, music etc. I decided to restart the phone and it was fine afterwards. This only happened once since I’ve gotten this phone. Figured it might be a iOS 11.3 bug. Anyone else experience this?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
If a restart fixed the issue it probably was just a fluke. If it continues to occur and you have to restart it again to restore normal sound you may have gotten a bit of corruption in the update. I personally haven’t had the issue your describing

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Had something similar happen later today. My wife called me and I could not hear her from my headset but she could hear me. I put it on speaker and she could hear me. I tested again with her phone and then with my work phone with the same result. I called Apple care and they had me do a hard reset. It seems fine now. Hopefully that killed the issue. I’ve never had this issue with my iPhone X. Seems like a iOS 11.3 glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.