Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
As you may know, I bought a new headset recently and Audacity likes to crash when I click record now. I'm looking for a new alternative and thought I should start paying. What do you think of Sound Studio 3 from Freeverse?

Pros? Cons? Other suggestions? I'd like to keep it under $100.

Thanks everyone.

macbodock

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
zflauaus said:
What do you think of Sound Studio 3 from Freeverse?
zflauaus,
I have not used Sound Studio 3, beacuse I was already using Peak LE from Bias-INC. Peak LE is $129 and is well worth the extra $$$ that you'll pay. Please check out the demo from there website. You'll be glad you did.

Kindest Regards,

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Sound studio is okay. Peak is annoying. Both are only a two-track editor.

Audacity is free, does multitrack, and has endless plugins available. And is free. Too bad it doesn't work with your headset.

Sound studio would probably work with your headset (usb?).

macbodock

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
Mostly Harmless
scottlinux said:
Sound studio is okay. Peak is annoying. Both are only a two-track editor.

For some of us a 2 track editor is all we need. I would not say that Peak LE is annoying perhaps for some it would add extra work to there project. Don't forget about the ability of Peak to "Layer" audio which is kinda cool. Peak will work with USB interfaces as well. I think that Peak is a great tool for those who do not need multi-track!

Kindest Regards,

A Peak Freak!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.