Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DukeDevlin

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a funny problem. I don't really know how to explain it. I have the impression that my sound volume tends to move on its own. Most of the time, I'm at volume 0 (so as not to have any unpleasant surprises). But I have the impression that when I surf on applications like Eurosport, where a video starts playing automatically with each article, when I read the article, it plays on the volume slider and increases it by itself, and it's the same on other sites where videos start playing. And if I'm not aware of it, well, in a professional context, or in a meeting, it puts the volume back on when I was at 0, so you can understand the problem. Is it something too sensitive? Is there any way of being drastic about it to prevent third-party applications from accessing the volume? Unless I do something that causes this.

Thanks for your insights,

Have a nice day,

joeblack007

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2023
Hello. You can try locking the sound volume by going into Settings>Sounds and Haptics. Disable the Change with Buttons feature and it should lock the volume and prevent apps from changing. When I’m in an important meeting, I always use the ring/silent button just in case 👍

DukeDevlin

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hello. You can try locking the sound volume by going into Settings>Sounds and Haptics. Disable the Change with Buttons feature and it should lock the volume and prevent apps from changing. When I’m in an important meeting, I always use the ring/silent button just in case

Thanks but i can’t touch button so if I disable it, there is no change, isn’t?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.