Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macTheUser32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2021
Doesn't it seem strange that for years Apple refuses to fix the issue where:

You get interrupted by sounds of incoming notifications while in the middle of a phone call.

I would speak to someone via regular cellular network call. And suddenly someone sends me messages via some messaging app (WhatsApp, Viber, FB messenger...) and the call audio cuts off so the notification "ding" sound can be played.

Its like a kid shouting in your ear while you talk to someone else.

I logged this issue many times in "user feedback" section that Apple Forum "moderators" keep telling me to do. (or stupidly just tell me to use "silent" button during call. (which 99% will forget to switch on again after call)

How are we tolerating this kind of behaviour both from apple and more sadly from other fans/customers/users?! Who are ok with such oversight and completely content with using "duck tape" solutions!

No right or wrong answers here. I just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this :(

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Yes this is another bug bear with Apple’s software. With iOS 15 I could just flick the mute switch on the side and it would stop it, but with 15.0.1 that no longer works (at least for me).

Reactions: macTheUser32

macTheUser32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2021
I refuse to believe that people in majority are content with "flick the mute switch" during call. Sure it "fixes" it temporary. But there is zero excuse to not have a simple "dont interupt me with anything during calls!". Same how you dont get notifications on Windows during PowerPoint presentation slideshow.

The worst part is that if you chose to signal this through the right channels. Apple "super mods" just dismiss and silence you.
Its sickening and pathetic. :(

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.