Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I am looking for something I can make songs and beats with. Not like on real instruments, so not garageband...

is soundtrack what im looking for? and any word on a Native Intel Version?

Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, I use the bundled loops with Garageband every now and then to whip up an instrument-less song. They're usually pretty bad but I'm almost positive that's entirely my fault. :eek:

I know you disregarded Garageband in your post but I'm not sure you realise you don't necessarily need to have a real instrument to use it. :)

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
mad jew said:
Well, I use the bundled loops with Garageband every now and then to whip up an instrument-less song. They're usually pretty bad but I'm almost positive that's entirely my fault. :eek:

I know you disregarded Garageband in your post but I'm not sure you realise you don't necessarily need to have a real instrument to use it. :)

Also, Garageband has support for "Software Instruments," which is code for MIDI.:p

If you're still not interested, Reason might be more down your alley.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Soundtrack is effectively Garageband with a video window and support for Post Pro, so I doubt you'd like it.

Reason may be a good place to start, as would Abelton Live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.