Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Here are the reasons we are all buying a new iPad Pro in March to June ish of 2024.

#1. adaptive refresh rate VRR or FreeSync for gaming. Apple will show cool demos that will make gamers mouth water.
#2. Guys it’s gonna be hard to Turn down a $999 OLED iPad Pro when Apple will give like $600 Trade in for our 2022 M2 iPad Pro.
#3. 11.1” size means I don’t have to buy another $300 Magic Keyboard so Yes please.
#4. You know You need a Space Black iPad Pro to match your Space Black M3 MacBook Pro.
#5. OLED Displays are fast so no more blurry text when scrolling.
#6. A new 3nm M3 will be ideal for the iPad Pro. Faster and uses less battery. If Apple keeps the 8 Performance Cores and 4 Effciency Core layout and adds a 12 Core GPU. Its gonna be scary fast.

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Here are the reasons we are all buying a new iPad Pro in March to June ish of 2024.

#1. adaptive refresh rate VRR or FreeSync for gaming. Apple will show cool demos that will make gamers mouth water.
#2. Guys it’s gonna be hard to Turn down a $999 OLED iPad Pro when Apple will give like $600 Trade in for our 2022 M2 iPad Pro.
#3. 11.1” size means I don’t have to buy another $300 Magic Keyboard so Yes please.
#4. You know You need a Space Black iPad Pro to match your Space Black M3 MacBook Pro.
#6. A new 3nm M3 will be ideal for the iPad Pro. Faster and uses less battery. If Apple keeps the 8 Performance Cores and 4 Effciency Core layout and adds a 12 Core GPU. Its gonna be scary fast.

1) irrelevant to me
2) only weak minded folks calculate with trade in values rather than using a product over its entire lifespan. If that rubs anyone the wrong way, that’s the level of over the top generalisations the OP asks for.
3) not interested in anything but the smallest iPad. You are not a pro on the 11 by your own logic
4) I don’t buy fashion colours, see 2)
5) sure as heck I don’t have blurry text right now either
6) that needs to be a Max by your own definition as the only pro device allowed to carry that name.

Overall, lovely take of hot air you have there.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014

1. Does not matter to me
2. Considering m1 IPP gets 370 in value.. doubt it
3. Saving money is nice
4. No. But I’d like a midnight one.
5. never have had blurry text on my m1 ipp
6. Still the same crippled software.

Apple can throw all the hardware they want at the iPad. It has always been the software that needs fixing.

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command

Nope, you gotta get the new Space Black Magic Keyboard...

Uh, none of the Mn series SoCs (M1/M2/M3) have had a 12-core CPU (8P/4E) or 12-core GPU...?

M1 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 8-core GPU
M2 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 10-core GPU
M3 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 10-core GPU

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Nope, you gotta get the new Space Black Magic Keyboard...

Uh, none of the Mn series SoCs (M1/M2/M3) have had a 12-core CPU (8P/4E) or 12-core GPU...?

M1 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 8-core GPU
M2 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 10-core GPU
M3 = 8-core CPU (4P/4E) & 10-core GPU
Well if they don’t up the GPU core count.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
You’re buying a new Magic Keyboard regardless as the old ones won’t be compatible - they’re changing the pinout.

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
1) irrelevant to me
2) only weak minded folks calculate with trade in values rather than using a product over its entire lifespan. If that rubs anyone the wrong way, that’s the level of over the top generalisations the OP asks for.
3) not interested in anything but the smallest iPad. You are not a pro on the 11 by your own logic
6) that needs to be a Max by your own definition as the only pro device allowed to carry that name.

Brutal….lol 😅

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
Until Apple decides to make the iPad OS suck less, none of this matters. The hardware is already overkill for 99% of tasks. The OS needs to evolve now.
I have a feeling we could be waiting a very long time. We do know that we won't get any new features ahead of June next year, so if these iPads release before then, expect the reviews to provide the usual software caveat.

Reactions: ericwn

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
No, I won’t.
The only pro feature I’m interested in at all (and it’s sort of a mood thing) is the size of the 12.9” and that’s apparently coming to the Air.

But I have an Air 5 which serves my needs well.

But hey, if that space black iPad Pro should come, I’d be happy for you :)

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
The reason I need people to buy the new iPad is so Apple can put new refurbs on sale sooner

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Non of this screams “pro” device to me, special with the iOS limitations. The only “pro” thing that will make me think about upgrade my lovely Mini 6 would be Mini with 8GB RAM.

As for Apple trade-in offers, they are a joke.

Reactions: gusping

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
I literally just bought one 9 months ago :eek:

#1 - I don't play intense games... and don't know what those are
#2 - I'm not paying 50% of my device's original price ($400) to upgrade to OLED...
#3 - I don't use a Magic Keyboard
#4 - I don't use any computers (or macs)
#5 - The text is pretty sharp, in my opinion
#6 - The M2 is more than fast enough for me, and the battery lasts all day

Am I using it wrong?

Reactions: slippery-pete

JackGrealish

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2021
If my 12.9 magic keyboard and pencil works with the new one I'll grab it. If not, too expensive to jump every generation lol

My M2 is powerful enough, I would jump for the design change because I'm a bird that loves shiny things, but can't justify it if I cannot bring my $500 in accessories...

I would absolutely jump at a space black iPad Pro

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023

While all these things are great, I will downsize my iPad Pro to new iPad mini due to iPad mini excellent portability. I will not buy the current one as it is more 2 years old already. So much limitation in M2 iPad Pro for my work flow that I cannot use or have not used it to the maximum benefits of M2 processor.

Reactions: louisitou

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
1) irrelevant to me

1. Relevant to some.
2. Nothing wrong with looking ahead. Some like to upgrade every year.
3. Different people like different sizes. Choice is good.
4. But yet you still select a color when you buy an Apple device, right? So you must have a preference.
5. Agree.
6. Pro is just a marketing term that just indicates a higher feature set.

Reactions: AlexMac89

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
1. Relevant to some.
2. Nothing wrong with looking ahead. Some like to upgrade every year.
3. Different people like different sizes. Choice is good.
4. But yet you still select a color when you buy an Apple device, right? So you must have a preference.
5. Agree.
6. Pro is just a marketing term that just indicates a higher feature set.

1) that’s stating the obvious. I’m simply expressing my opinion
2) there’s nothing right with getting the latest version of anything when owning the predecessors either, just a preference, and typically not the wisest way to spend money. Doesn’t mean much to us enthusiasts of course.
3) in jest remark to the OP’s plentiful other posts lately
4) you have to select a colour but that is beside the point the OP made
6) see 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.