Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacob_w

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG Received my Apple Watch earlier this week and I'm loving it so far :)
It's pretty fast and I'm quite happy with the battery life. After playing with it all day, it still has around 40% left when I get home in the evening.

However, I noticed that there is a gap between the screen and the body (as shown in the pics attached). I wouldn't have paid attention to it but there is visible dust build-up already.

Is every SS Apple Watch like this? Do I just need to clean out the dust every so often? I really hope mine isn't defective :(

Babu Life

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Interesting. Do you get dusts stuck in there too? If so, how do you clean them out?
[doublepost=1475354276][/doublepost]
That's a relief :D

Im very OCD about stuff i own, so i usually clean everything every day, but either a wet wipe or windex and a microfiber towel, and air blast it with compressed air. Haven't seen any dust with owning it

jacob_w

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Im very OCD about stuff i own, so i usually clean everything every day, but either a wet wipe or windex and a microfiber towel, and air blast it with compressed air. Haven't seen any dust with owning it

OCD here too. I hate to see the build up so I guess I'll give it a quick clean up every time I charge it

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Forgot to upload them. Now fixed :)
I clean mine with a sponge and warm water. It removes the dust etc caught there. I don't think there is any gap difference on the two watches I have. Tolerable variances is what it is. It's the same with all devices with gaps like this...look at the edge of black faced iPhones - dust galore, but you cannot take a sponge and running water to them.

Reactions: jacob_w
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.