Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I had no idea what was going on, plus playing on a BBC Micro Emulator was weirrddd... deleted... :eek:

I guess Space Sims is one of those genres where graphics and visuals DOES make a difference...

OMG - Dreadnaught Shipyard Update adds 30 ships!

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/shipyard-update-patch-131-now-live/

OMG OMG OMG........

image-filename_CKcdELw.original.jpg

Is Dreadnaught an arena game or sandbox?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
O......... M....... G......

"Angels Fall First" - FPS Space War.

With FPS Infantry, Armor (Tanks and other vehicles), Starfighter, and Space Battleships (Capital Ships).... :eek:

Its essentially four of my most favorite games (Halo, Battlezone, EVERSPACE, and Dreadnaught) all wrapped up into one.

Early Access Steam - $18.

(*breathe, must remember to breathe...*)

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
Atomic Space Command!

Ship building then FLY! You can explore, fight, or whatever with it.

Early Access in Steam - $15...

Will get it.

If you are able, please support the developers, especially if the game is less than $20...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
ummmmm, okay.... :eek:

LOL... ;)

"Goat Simulator: Wasted Space

Goat simulation is finally leaving the planet where it was once conceived to explore the endless possibilities of space (Though we only had time to explore some of them)

You no longer have to fantasize about colonizing space as a simulated goat. Your dreams have finally come true!

Key features

-Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for

-Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!

-Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother

-There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one

-Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore

-Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever

-The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with exclusive content. I know PR. Hire me Valve!

-No crew member will be left unromanced"

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
It's been a while with the Holidays and the Nintendo Launch.

Just found out about this one - on sale right now in Steam - only $9 early Alpha!

Please help out the devs by buying into and playing these games early - EVERSPACE got the fans involved really early and it's turning out INCREDIBLE!

NIGHTSTAR: Rogue Wings

ss_6bb8cb19e4cb6dbea667947d8cb30b47375eb992.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
EVERSPACE has been released today. (Was a Beta-Backer way back when - devs are simply great and helpful).

https://everspace-game.com/

EVERSPACE-Colonial-Gunship-Screenshot-03-1030x579.jpg

What an awesome game!

They added a storyline and the artwork for the story screens are awesome! (Reminds me of a Sci-Fi artist - can't remember who right now). They are not at all long or boring.

Such a great game - gotta get my PSVR working on my PC as they have a VR mode for it...

Also available on XBox One Play Anywhere...
[doublepost=1495831179][/doublepost]EDIT:

After the last Steam VR update, I have gotten my PSVR working on my PC!!!

EVERSPACE VR is still a little rough around the edges - I can't change the display settings in VR (don't know why) and is left in "Epic" (what I use on my TV/Monitor). I need to tone it down to "med/high" for my RX 470...

What I can play, though, is so way cool...

Unfortunately, this game was made for 2D and I can see the difference between a 2D game with VR "tacked on" as opposed to a game designed for 3D VR (Battlezone VR for instance...)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
EVE: Valkyrie VR is now EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone

They added a bunch of stuff and LIFTED the VR requirement! Anyone can play! Going to get the PC version when on sale - gonna love to see those PC Spaceflight setups with this game!

Also, Dead Space VR is now on PSVR! I guess it is on Samsung VR, but the PSVR isn't getting great reviews (by the Samsung users, I guess, they hate the new controls compared to the Samsung VR Controller).

Bought it and I tried it for a few minutes and love it! Will play it over the weekend when I have more time. Controls are fine with me...

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
EVE: Valkyrie VR is now EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone

They added a bunch of stuff and LIFTED the VR requirement! Anyone can play! Going to get the PC version when on sale - gonna love to see those PC Spaceflight setups with this game!

Also, Dead Space VR is now on PSVR! I guess it is on Samsung VR, but the PSVR isn't getting great reviews (by the Samsung users, I guess, they hate the new controls compared to the Samsung VR Controller).

Bought it and I tried it for a few minutes and love it! Will play it over the weekend when I have more time. Controls are fine with me...

I tried to start up Eve:Valkyarie tonight in VR mode and got tehe message SSO failed to Log in. I posted a comment in Steam and at the Eve Valkyarie site. Looks Like I won't be playing tonight. :(

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
New one:

Starway Fleet, normally a measly $10, on sale for $7.

Fly around space and shoot things.... (my kind of game).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/610680/Starway_Fleet/

It is a lot of fun!

This looks good!

Btw have done any dog fighting in X3? I’m still working on infrastructure.
[doublepost=1515976461][/doublepost]
EVERSPACE has been released today. (Was a Beta-Backer way back when - devs are simply great and helpful).

https://everspace-game.com/

EVERSPACE-Colonial-Gunship-Screenshot-03-1030x579.jpg

What an awesome game!

They added a storyline and the artwork for the story screens are awesome! (Reminds me of a Sci-Fi artist - can't remember who right now). They are not at all long or boring.

Such a great game - gotta get my PSVR working on my PC as they have a VR mode for it...

Also available on XBox One Play Anywhere...
[doublepost=1495831179][/doublepost]EDIT:

After the last Steam VR update, I have gotten my PSVR working on my PC!!!

EVERSPACE VR is still a little rough around the edges - I can't change the display settings in VR (don't know why) and is left in "Epic" (what I use on my TV/Monitor). I need to tone it down to "med/high" for my RX 470...

What I can play, though, is so way cool...

Unfortunately, this game was made for 2D and I can see the difference between a 2D game with VR "tacked on" as opposed to a game designed for 3D VR (Battlezone VR for instance...)
Following this for the next sale.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Sorry, PC only --> This week Star Citizen is having a "Free-Fly" event. You can sign-up for an account, totally for FREE, log in and fly around.

Even better, they are having an event in-game (the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo), where you can go to the Expo, rent ships from a different manufacturer every day, and rent as many as you want for FREE...

The only thing to be aware of is their servers are being slammed...the game experience can be a little buggier (than normal). Also, last I looked, the game is a 30-40GB download.

Basic game info:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/howto/1

Free fly sign up page:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/IAE_Free_Fly#New

One more thing, when you create an account, if you use my referral code (below) you start off the game with 10,000 UEC in-game currency, instead of just 5000, so you can buy a bigger shotgun/rifle, lol.
Referral Code --> STAR-L7Q3-JFFJ

Reactions: SigEp265

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
^^^ You can support EVERSPACE 2 on Kickstarter, if you are interested... (I did, of course)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.