Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Unless I am blind, I haven't seen it on here.. but can someone please post a picture of the genuine Apple anchor grey sport loop band, please? thanks!

Reactions: twanj

MilkCake

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
Michigan
Unless I am blind, I haven't seen it on here.. but can someone please post a picture of the genuine Apple anchor grey sport loop band, please? thanks!

Reactions: twanj and CarlJ

twanj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Desert Sand/Volt sport loop on S5

Office light
75A97113-D77A-4AF7-8F77-F7FDC0A1EB4C.jpeg
13219843-4301-425E-8F06-7DA22EA18FBC.jpeg

Florida sunlight
D202E9A3-28C0-439C-815B-4256F4D8618F.jpeg
E858BD1A-597C-49D1-A6E5-B927B038139B.jpeg

Reactions: staggerlee41

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
I stick to blacks, greys, and blues. Dark greens will probably work well too though

Here it is on a midnight blue leather loop

View attachment 879377

Did you get this band recently, if so, where? I had one when it first came out and loved it and wore it out.. I've been trying to find a new once since. (A few like-new ones pop up on ebay, but I'm still holding out hope for new somewhere.. I have a S5 Titanium and I think it would look amazing.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Did you get this band recently, if so, where? I had one when it first came out and loved it and wore it out.. I've been trying to find a new once since. (A few like-new ones pop up on ebay, but I'm still holding out hope for new somewhere.. I have a S5 Titanium and I think it would look amazing.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they stopped selling them. I thought midnight blue was a permanent color.

Sorry to say, I bought it awhile ago

Reactions: twanj and Hls811

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
What’s the best apple band to buy with the SG watch for swimming/surfing? Will get a nomad or uag anyway but have to choose a apple one with the watch?

Last edited:

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
What’s the best apple band to buy with the SG watch for swimming/surfing? Will get a nomad or uag anyway but have to choose a apple one with the watch?
Nike Sport band in whatever color appeals to you. It won't absorb water, and the holes will cause it to trap less water underneath. If you search in this subforum for "surfing", you'll find a report a few months (?) back of someone who lost a watch, surfing, using one of the Sport Loop straps. I seem to recall some discussion in that thread of which ones are the most secure, etc. - would be worth looking up.

Note that, if you're talking about the band that you choose to get with the watch, the Nike bands only come with the Nike watch models, and the non-Nike watches can't get the Nike bands. This is a marketing limitation, the attachment is all the same, so after you get the first one with the watch, you can get any other bands you want. Point being, if you wanted only one Apple band, and wanted to to be a Nike variant, you'd have to go with a Nike variant for the watch, too (which, for the aluminum ones, just means it'll have a few extra Nike-specific watch faces activated). If you wanted something spendier than aluminum, you'd need to be a Nike band separate from the watch.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Nike Sport band in whatever color appeals to you. It won't absorb water, and the holes will cause it to trap less water underneath. If you search in this subforum for "surfing", you'll find a report a few months (?) back of someone who lost a watch, surfing, using one of the Sport Loop straps. I seem to recall some discussion in that thread of which ones are the most secure, etc. - would be worth looking up.

Note that, if you're talking about the band that you choose to get with the watch, the Nike bands only come with the Nike watch models, and the non-Nike watches can't get the Nike bands. This is a marketing limitation, the attachment is all the same, so after you get the first one with the watch, you can get any other bands you want. Point being, if you wanted only one Apple band, and wanted to to be a Nike variant, you'd have to go with a Nike variant for the watch, too (which, for the aluminum ones, just means it'll have a few extra Nike-specific watch faces activated). If you wanted something spendier than aluminum, you'd need to be a Nike band separate from the watch.

cheers, I did see that thread after I posted here. I might just get the Nike watch with the black band, I’d rather just have one band, guess it would be cooler in the heat too? What are they like with the old hairy arm with the holes?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Agreed. It's in heavy rotation for me!

To add on, I was starting to get a rash again on my wrist (around the spot where the metal buckle of the Nike band comes in contact with my skin). I have been using a plaster these few days to avoid contact, which does the job, but I was also looking for a more comfortable band as an interim measure.

The Apple retail store I went to had that one red band in 44mm size. I dithered for a while, left the store, came across this thread while strolling around, and went back a while later for the band.

The only criticism I have about the sports loop band is that it seems way overpriced for what you get - basically a Velcro strap, but it is so very soft and comfortable, so I guess I can’t really complain.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
To add on, I was starting to get a rash again on my wrist (around the spot where the metal buckle of the Nike band comes in contact with my skin). I have been using a plaster these few days to avoid contact, which does the job, but I was also looking for a more comfortable band as an interim measure.
To American ears, plaster is something (only) used for building houses, so that would be uncomfortable ;) (Yeah, I know to lots of the rest of the English speakers it means what we could call a bandage or BandAid.)

Have you considered painting over the the backing disk of the metal pin with clear nail polish or similar? It may have a similar effect to the plaster without all the bulk (though I can't say how it'll react to the band's fluorelastomer, so I'd paint very carefully).

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
To American ears, plaster is something (only) used for building houses, so that would be uncomfortable ;) (Yeah, I know to lots of the rest of the English speakers it means what we could call a bandage or BandAid.)

Have you considered painting over the the backing disk of the metal pin with clear nail polish or similar? It may have a similar effect to the plaster without all the bulk (though I can't say how it'll react to the band's fluorelastomer, so I'd paint very carefully).

Thought of it, but ultimately decided against it. I plan to wear the sports loop for a few more days till my rash subsides completely, then see how I want to rotate amongst my bands. The red colour is quite striking and refreshing compared to the black / pink nike band my S5 came with, I must say.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Just to follow up, I happened across a post today on /r/AppleWatch about preventing allergic reactions from the bands, in which both clear nail polish and various tapes are recommended. FWIW.

Thanks for the link. I am aware of these solutions as well, though I am not really a fan of applying them to my Watch band yet. The rash on my wrist is almost gone, but I am quite liking the sport loop. I haven’t gotten round to testing it for exercise, excessive sweat and getting washed with running water though.

I think what’s more interesting is how the Apple Watch has quietly become an integral part of my life. I have come to rely on it for not just telling time, but also a myriad of tasks from accessing my calendar, Siri (yes, I am one of those who talk to their watch), Apple Pay and quick access to apps like 1Password for passwords. If I have to get a new band to continue using the Apple Watch, I will.

Reactions: twanj and CarlJ

twanj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
It's been about 6 months, here's my state of the union for newcomers :)

Some of my current favs in heavy rotation (not necessarily all time favs):

Bands: Ultraviolet, Spicy Orange, Yellow, Flash, Pomegranate, Blue G1 & G2
Nike Bands: Blue Orbit Gamma Blue, Obsidian/Black, Royal Pulse/Black, Teal Tint/Tropical Twist

Loops: Red (2 tone), Cerulean, Spicy Orange, Flash Light
Nike Loops: Pink Blast/True Berry, Desert Sand/Volt, Hyper Grape

Meyer Lemon Leather Loop

Space Black Link Bracelet & Milanese

Most of these are not available new anymore and you'd have to hunt for them.

rafaelsg83

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2020
Vacaville CA
Hello!! I don’t know if its too much to ask but by any chance anybody here have the canary yellow sport loop and some pictures that can sh thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.