Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I just received my SG Sport yesterday and just noticed a scratch after coming home from work today. I went to the mall and since Apple was around decided to stop by. The rep told me it's the first time he has seen a scratch like mine.. And that Apple Care does not cover it.. No surprise. Anyone else have SG Sport scratches? Pretty disappointed it happened so early. The scratch is on the top, the black coating came off.

365595a9f31f41481185f72b7c05d4a8.jpg

I was shocked since I've never even scratched any of my iPhone's. I love the watch though.

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
I've moved on. It's actually on the bottom in that picture. It's more noticeable in person. Just wondered if there was some fix.

----------

I thought about that a few times lmao.
The scratch is on the aluminium?

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
It is. I don't know if the picture shows it but it's a white line. It's two hair line scratches. I mean big enough that it's noticeable in person.

Here's another thought since it is not the glass...can you possibly touch it up with a fine point sharpy or something?

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
I completely get where you're coming from though. I hate to admit this but i've gone through so many exchanges over the years for things that are so minor it seems terrible. It wasn't helping my OCD to keep returning things like that it was just feeding it. I just couldn't take the thought of my devices not being perfect. I've cut down my 2 hour daily routine rituals down to about 35 minutes. I'm improving myself. I'm not saying in any way shape or form that you have OCD i'm just saying I understand and letting you know a little bit about myself. I'd hold off on returning it or spending a crazy bit of money to get it repaired unless it was affecting the function of the screen or the device. I'm slowly beginning to learn that no consumer product "let alone such a sophisticated product packed with tech like the apple watch is perfect" Nothing is perfect. Sorry for venting I just hope you thoroughly enjoy your product and I hope it serves you well throughout it's lifespan. Have a great night.

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
reread my post and it looks like you provided some much needed comedic relief. She's gorgeous i'll give you that. :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Please stay on topic, the off topic posts were removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.