Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
Most of my email comes from an imap4 private email account. I have it set up to mark what the email server thinks is spam / junk email but not delete it.

Mail.app on MacOS recognizes the junk / spam headers added by my server and puts them in the junk folder. For safety, once a week or so I plow through that folder pulling out the emails that were mismarked. When I do this, I use the Mac’s GUI to move them out of the junk pile.

I *think* this is teaching the Mac to be better. I’ve definitely convinced myself of this. Off topic from my original intent is to ask if that is really true.

The question I have to do is how to get iOS to do roughly the same thing? Utopia would be for all of my devices to share the junk / spam email filtering “lessons” so moving an email to junk on iOS would teach iOS and MacOS that I consider that particular email to be junk and vice versa — moving emails out of junk would teach both that I consider that particular email to be ham.

Is there any way to do this? If not, has anyone heard rumors that this is something that Apple (or perhaps a third party) will do in the future?

What happened is my MBP had a bloated battery so I took it in for repairs. It will be 7 to 10 days before I get it back so I’m forced to use just iOS email for a week and it seems to be lack luster to me so far.

Thank you for your time

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
I have no help in your issue.

But all I can say is the email.app on iOS and macOS are so very different, in terms of features. They really need to fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.