Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2020
My office implemented a SonicWall firewall yesterday and we are now using that, along with the Mobile Connect app, as a VPN to remote in. I installed the Mobile Connect app on my Macs and this morning got a pop-up stating that SparkLabs Pty has been added to start-up items. I can now see it in my Login Items in Settings. I did a search and SparkLabs makes Viscosity, which is a standalone VPN. I certainly didn't install Viscosity and don't see it in my apps folder. My question is does the SonicWall Mobile Connect app incorporate Viscosity and it's simply part of the new VPN I am using? Or has something onerous installed itself on my Macs (it's on each machine I installed the Mobile Connect app). Thanks!

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
My question is does the SonicWall Mobile Connect app incorporate Viscosity and it's simply part of the new VPN I am using? Or has something onerous installed itself on my Macs (it's on each machine I installed the Mobile Connect app).
Speak to the IT group at your office.

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2020
Figured it out. It was leftover from the former ZyXel SecuExtender app. Just had to delete the launch daemon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.