Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dble07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2022
Has anyone else noticed that one of the recent updates killed the ability to tell Siri to make a call on speaker phone? I don’t use the feature daily so I’m not sure if it was one of the last 16 point updates or 17. Also, anybody else think a long press on the audio button during a call should automatically enable speaker phone? Sucks when I’m home and the list that comes up is so long. And last, is there not a way they could fix it where if I initiate a call on speaker or an AirPod that it doesn’t automatically transfer to the car Bluetooth as soon as the other person answers? It’s weird that the call is in progress using one, but defaults back to the radio just because the person picked up on their end.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
This still works for me on my 14P. I upgraded from the last version of iOS 16 to 17.2 a few days ago. Using Siri such as "call Tom mobile on speaker" or "FaceTime audio my Mom on speaker" still initiates the call using the speaker, whether connected to CarPlay or just by itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.