Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
I've been debating a bit whether to get some good speakers or just continue using the internal ones in the iMac in my sig. I think the sound quality is pretty good right now, but I would like some more bass. The thing is that I really like the clean look of my desk right now.

Anyone have any affordable recommendations? $200 is a big outlandish for 2.1 speakers.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
These aren't out yet, and are more then what you want to pay, but i think they are pretty damn cool. They are ZeroSticks from DVForge (also known as Mac Mice). They have some cool accesories for your iMac.

Attachments

• zs.jpg
    zs.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,508

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
The zero sticks look strange to me, and those are both expensive, lol! Ahhh...
I wish I could get soundsticks, but aren't they $200?

icsedge1

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
40.69489 -73.94290. 49 feet
in 29 minutes i am off to the compusa on 57th and broadway to pick up the (white) JBL Creature 2 2.1 set. wanted something to match the Mac, about 100 bucks, and with decent reviews. well, check out the speakers on apple.com, and almost all the reviews are 5 stars. works for me.

sedge

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
Sutekidane said:
I've been debating a bit whether to get some good speakers or just continue using the internal ones in the iMac in my sig. I think the sound quality is pretty good right now, but I would like some more bass. The thing is that I really like the clean look of my desk right now.

Anyone have any affordable recommendations? $200 is a big outlandish for 2.1 speakers.

Can you just pick up a subwoofer and use the internals as your left and right? Put the sub on the floor to keep your desk clean.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Creature 2s are definitely some nice speakers. I got them for my girlfriend for our anniversary (along side the typical sentimental stuff). Also, if you plan on buying any speakers, you should use http://www.froogle.com. I got the Creatures for only $70, through Amazon.

icsedge1

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
40.69489 -73.94290. 49 feet
rockandrule said:
Creature 2s are definitely some nice speakers. I got them for my girlfriend for our anniversary (along side the typical sentimental stuff). Also, if you plan on buying any speakers, you should use http://www.froogle.com. I got the Creatures for only $70, through Amazon.

thanks, but damn you...ruining either my instant satisfaction, or 4 or 5 beers worth of price difference. :)

sedge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.