Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MircowaveSounds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2022
Hello

I recently have bought a 2020 5k imac and installed windows via bootcamp to play some games and run solidworks. I noticed that the speakers sound awful. I have another imac (5k 2017) that sounds way better in bootcamp. The 2017 imac has cirrus logic drivers and the 2020 one has apple audio device or something. Searched the whole web and tried the following:

- reinstall windows
- install different drivers
- downgrade to catalina and then install windows
- SMC and PRAM/NVRAM reset
- update windows and bootcamp software
- tweaking in windows sound configuration

Nothing seems to work.
Can someone give me some advice ?

Thanks!

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
I'm afraid to ask, but did you install all soft of things from that BootCamp Assistant on Windows (system tray)?
And on macOS no problems, right? And on your Windows, there isn't any output changing software, like OBS or soft of?
Maybe you have external nuggets to test, if problem stays on certain output, or not.

Control Panel > Sound > Playback > Speakers and find there Configure, maybe tinkering there might help.

MircowaveSounds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2022
Hi there,

Yes, I installed everything from bootcamp assistant on windows.
There are no problems on macOS and I don't have any output changing software.
I did plug in some headphones and they sounded normal. I tried some tinkering with the configuration but it didn't help.

idck_cn

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2017
Moscow Kremlin
Only few out there might had spot Dolby Atom in Windows App Store library. I did found that once never worked since I'd reinstall the wins. The Dolby Atom still in the library but never worked again. And you can't find the exact app by searching the store. The reason that cost sounds not enriched is simply because they couldn't bring Dolby Atom into bootcamp without a glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.