Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2022
Hi,
We have a user with a Macbook running Chrome and Microsoft Edge and using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (which is a cloud based ERP system).
On the "home"/"Start" page of the system the user cannot click specific links in top left corner. See image below which is from the system. The things in yellow user cannot click at all. The things in red he can click. The "Leverandører (kreditorer)" is one big link, but only "rer (kreditorer)" is clickable.
In Safari it works, but user has other reasons for not using Safari.
We have tried on different Macbook, and here things work fine. User had tried using a Windows PC with Chrome, and here things works as well.
What could cause this, and what is solution?
Thanks
1671788684492.png

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
They are very different - not same model.
The versions of macOS on each is probably more pertinent here. Are they different? Is the version of Chrome or Edge different on the two MacBooks?

These types of things are a mystery but probably indicate that the website developers haven't checked compatibility with every combination of browser and OS possible…and who would expect them to? They probably checked a lot of them but not all.

I have a MacBook that, two days ago, could stream Xfinity TV using Safari 15.6.1 on an unsupported version of Catalina. After updating to unsupported Monterey the same version of Safari doesn't stream it.

The solution is to use the browser that works for that particular website.

MadW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2022
Thanks for your reply. I don't have access to the macs - actually I'm supporter for the website / ERP system. Only cause of action is to use other browser?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks for your reply. I don't have access to the macs - actually I'm supporter for the website / ERP system. Only cause of action is to use other browser?
It seems like the Mac models involved as well as the operating systems involved would be one of the first things a software/website support rep would ask a user with an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.