Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrraven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Toronto
Which iPhones will support the Apple's covid-19 tracking app? I've been trying to hunt this down and been shocked that it's so difficult to find. I've seen many reports (media and anecdotal) that it won't work on "older phones" but haven't been able to track down what the actual limitation is. I did find one reference to working on iPhones newer than the 6S but would like to know more exactly what a phone needs for it to run, that is missing on older phones.

In addition, the (original) iPhone SE is in many ways outside the regular numbered line. Does the tracking app work on the iPhone SE?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Which iPhones will support the Apple's covid-19 tracking app? I've been trying to hunt this down and been shocked that it's so difficult to find. I've seen many reports (media and anecdotal) that it won't work on "older phones" but haven't been able to track down what the actual limitation is. I did find one reference to working on iPhones newer than the 6S but would like to know more exactly what a phone needs for it to run, that is missing on older phones.

In addition, the (original) iPhone SE is in many ways outside the regular numbered line. Does the tracking app work on the iPhone SE?
It's included in iOS as of version iOS 13.5, so it would seem any device that is capable of running that version should be able to make use of it -- that is if an app that uses it is installed on the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.