Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motoxpress

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Any feedback on using Speck cases? I have had to replace the bottomcase on my MBP twice thanks to two different carrying cases and I want to solve the problem somehow. Do they protect well? Do they make it harder to work with the MBP? Is heat a problem?

-mx

iCAR

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
california
DO NOT GET THIS CASE!!!!!! I had it on for 4 months and just took it off to clean some stuff that was underneath it, and noticed it scratched the hell out of it (macbook white). the top of my macbook is completely scratched.

motoxpress

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I have bought two different bags to transport it AND I always put it in a sleeve and I still had it get damaged. I need some hard shell protection.

-mx

shahyan

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
I bought one of these red Speck cases from CompUSA hoping that a $49 investment was worth protecting my macbook from scratches. However, as I soon found, that this darn thing causes scratches on my macbook.

I took the speck case off after just a day of use and found hairline scratches on the case. What's worse is that there are quite a few scratches where the case actually holds the macbook. I returned this case.

I would suggest that you invest $50 in a very nice padded carrying case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.