Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmie22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on this forum for the past two months or so. Lot of helpful information that assisted in my recent purchase of my MBA refurbished rev. b. I also got a Speck hard case but the bottom piece doesnt really seem to fit correctly. the rear tabs (near the hinges) do not snap or lock into place. Anyone else have this problem? BTW Speck is having an awesome sale at there website. It was only $14.95 plus shipping ($20 or so total). Thanks again

Jim

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I have a Speck Hard Case. It fits perfectly for me. It will take a little while for the things to fully secure into place. The plastic tends to warp a little and on with time will snap better.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
I have two, and the back tabs on both bottom pieces do not "snap" like the front or sides, as they are much shorter. I've often wondered if this was a manufactured defect, or is they served any purpose at all, but at the end of the day the bottom casing has never come loose so I don't worry about it.

fpar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
I have had a few speck cases, they have a high defect rate. I suggest you have it replaced as all the tabs should click into place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.