Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terrab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
France
Hello everyone,

I have an old Xserve 1.1 Intel. Many fixes are doing at this day. But, the last problem is the second CPU heatsink ; the thermal sensor are broken because wires are cutting... so, what is the specs and reference of the thermal sensor to change it ? I see on the sensor the ref. 2N 3904 625... i can change the heatsink but would it be possible to change only the probe... where i can buy it ? idea ?

img_0800-jpg.682342

Thanks,
TB

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 330

terrab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
France
Hello everyone,

I have an old Xserve 1.1 Intel. Many fixes are doing at this day. But, the last problem is the second CPU heatsink ; the thermal sensor are broken because wires are cutting... so, what is the specs and reference of the thermal sensor to change it ? I see on the sensor the ref. 2N 3904 625... i can change the heatsink but would it be possible to change only the probe... where i can buy it ? idea ?

img_0800-jpg.682342

Thanks,
TB
[doublepost=1483874210][/doublepost]Hello,
I resigned myself to buying a new heatsink with probe attached ; 9€ in Germany (9€ more for shipping) ...
heatsink-xserve-png.682454

but I will look for the references of thermal sensor to an electronics store...

Attachments

• heatsink-xserve.png
    heatsink-xserve.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 258
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.